[Suecia] Joel has been sentenced to 6.5 years in prison

Este foro es para coordinar traducciones urgentes o para la traducción de textos que se consideren interesantes relacionados con el Anarquismo y los Movimientos Sociales.
Responder
bo

[Suecia] Joel has been sentenced to 6.5 years in prison

Mensaje por bo » 01 May 2014, 20:22

Swedish anti-Fascist Joel has been sentenced to 6.5 years in prison for helping to protect a peaceful, non-militant anti-Racist demonstration in Kärrtorp when it was attacked by 30 fascists armed with bottles, sticks and knives.

Neo-Nazi leader Emil (Swedish Resistance Movement) who led the attack was sentenced to just 8 months in prison.

Joel writes:

"I will always be a committed anti-fascist and on the outside, someone else will fill my place. This will be the last thing that I write to this page . Then it will be used to support other anti-fascists
I grew up in Linköping in the 80's and 90's . At that time the city produced white power music for the whole of Europe. There were several Nazi organizations in town and the street was full of them. They murdered abused and threatened people. In 1997 they attacked a antiracist demonstration similarly as Nazis made in Kärrtorpsvägen .

I remember I was 7 years old when I first was called a 'Wog' . It was 1986. Now we are in 2014, and today when my 6 year old son was on his way to visit me , he was called a 'Wog' too . Same thing as before . Racists spewing their disgusting opinions and fascists attacking those who stand up against them.
In conclusion, I would once again like to thank everyone who supported me and my family. It means everything to me. And to all of you who continue the fight against racism and fascism on the street, at school, at work, or through your works, in text, picture or music-I love you."
Här är ett brev från Joel. Idag tänker vi på honom!
(Text in English and Swedish)

So, today the verdict will fall. The question is if it will be in proportion to what happened in the Stockholm suburb of Karrtorp? Will it be in proportion to the verdicts that were delivered to the nazis? Probably not. The prosecutor have called for a 7 year punishment. This is the very same prosecutor who was happy with a few months of jail-time for the Nazis who attacked the peaceful manifestation. The same prosecutor who, in the closing argument, said that it was enough to ask people to go to a peaceful manifestation to be judged as a leader.

I have no illusion about walking out today as a free man. I would lie if I told you that I wouldn't think it would feel hard with 7 years of jail-time, but it wouldn't change anything. I am and will always remain a devoted anti fascist, and on the outside someone else will stand in my place. This letter will be the last I write to this page, after that my wish is that it will be used for the support of other anti fascists. The witch hunt for anti fascists has only just begun, and many more are waiting for their turn to stand trial for what happened in Karrtorp. In any case, this is my letter.

I grew up in the town of Linkoping during the 80's and 90's. At that time Linkoping was the center for the production of white power-music in all of Europe. There were several Nazi organizations and the streets were crawling with fascists. The Nazis murdered, assaulted and threatened people. For a fact, in 1997 they attacked a peaceful anti racist demonstration in the same way they recently did in Karrtorp.

I remember how I, as a 7 year old, for the first time got called a wog/wetback. This was in 1986. Today it's 2014, and today when my 6 year old son was on the way to visit me he got called the same thing. Some things never change. Racists spread their disgusting hate, and the fascists attack anyone who dare stand up against them.

The police were not able to defend the anti racist demonstration in Linkoping in 1997, just like they were unable to defend the manifestation in Karrtorp sixteen years later. The difference is that in Linkoping only a few dared to defend themselves, in Karrtorp we were over one hundred. We stayed together, and we drove the Nazis away!

So, about the violence. This is where the argumens about different sides of the same coin come to play. Narcissists like the so called journalists Janne Josefsson and Jan Guillou shed crocodile tears and talk about how it should be impossible to claim self defense when someone has gotten stabbed in the back. But to understand th violence we have to take a look at what actually happened:

About 30 Nazis attack a peaceful manifestation. The Nazis had armed themselves with stick, glass bottles and knifes. At least one of the Nazis rushed the peaceful manifestation with a drawn knife in his hand. Several knifes were later found in the vicinity of where the Nazis finally got arrested. Several of the Nazis who participated in the attack have previously been convicted of violent attacks when people have been stabbed, even killed. At the time of the attack there were only six policemen present, all of whom have said that they had no possibility to protect the manifestation, they were outnumbered. The Nazi who got stabbed was in the first line of attackers, heavily involved in fighting with the anti racist demonstrators. He got stabbed at the Karrtorp square, before police reinforcements had arrived. All of this is already proven, all of these things are facts.

It might seem cold and merciless to stab someone with a knife. But please consider the situation and what the Swedish Nazi movement have shown capable of (several stabbings and even murders during the recent years) and that the police themselves have said they had no means to protect us. Ad the fact that at least one of the Nazis, probably more of them, had drawn knifes during the attack. Sum all of this together and then maybe you can get a glimpse of all of the things that were rushing through my mind at that time. With that said I want to ad that violence must never ever become a mean of its own, it must always be analyzed and other ways of action must always be considered. In Karrtorp it was a tactical necessity to strike back.

Finally I again want to thank everyone who have showed their support for me and my family. It means the world to me. And to all of you who continue the struggle against racism and fascism in your schools, at your workplaces, in art and music or on the streets – I love you!

Stay together and take care of one another.

Keepers of the Faith /Joel
Hay muchos problemas y pocas soluciones.
Muchas críticas, lo sé, y pocas son constructivas.
Kery James - Déséquilibre

bo

Re: [Suecia] Joel has been sentenced to 6.5 years in prison

Mensaje por bo » 01 May 2014, 21:16

Sueco antifascista Joel ha sido condenado a 6,5 años de prisión por ayudar a proteger una manifestación anti-racista pacífica, no militante en Kärrtorp cuando fue atacado por 30 fascistas armados con botellas, palos y cuchillos.
Líder neonazi Emil ( Movimiento de Resistencia sueco) que dirigió el ataque fue condenado a sólo 8 meses de prisión.

Aquí está una carta de Joel. Hoy en día, pensamos en él!

Entonces, el veredicto caerá hoy. La pregunta es si, ¿será en proporción a lo que ocurrió en el suburbio de Estocolmo de Karrtorp ? ¿Va a ser en proporción a los veredictos que fueron entregados a los nazis? Probablemente no. El fiscal ha pedido una pena de 7 años. Este es el mismo fiscal que estaba feliz con unos pocos meses de tiempo de cárcel para los nazis, que atacaron la manifestación pacífica. El mismo fiscal que, en el alegato final, dijo que era suficiente para pedir a la gente a ir a una manifestación pacífica para ser juzgado como un líder.

No me hago ilusiones acerca de andar hoy como un hombre libre. Mentiría si te dijera que no me gustaría pensar que sería duro 7 años de cárcel, pero no cambiaría nada . Yo soy y seré siempre siendo un antifascista devoto, y por alguien ajeno a los demás a estar en mi lugar . Esta carta será la última que escribo a esta página, después de que mi deseo es que se utilizará para el apoyo de otros anti-fascistas. La caza de brujas de los anti-fascistas apenas ha comenzado, y muchos más están esperando su turno para ser juzgados por lo que ocurrió en Karrtorp. En cualquier caso, esta es mi carta.

Yo crecí en la ciudad de Linkoping, durante los años 80 y 90. En ese momento Linkoping fue el centro de la producción de música poder-blanco de toda Europa. Había varias organizaciones nazis y las calles estaban plagadas de fascistas. Los nazis asesinaron, agredieron y amenazaron personas. Es un hecho que en 1997 atacaron una manifestación antirracista pacífica en la misma forma en que lo hicieron recientemente en Karrtorp .

Recuerdo que, cuando tenía 7 años, por primera vez llamaron extranjero/espalda mojada. Esto fue en 1986. Hoy en día es 2014 y hoy cuando mi hijo de 6 años estaba en camino a visitarme lo llamaron la misma cosa. Algunas cosas nunca cambian Los racistas difundieron su odio repugnante y los fascistas atacan a cualquiera que se atreven a ponerse en contra de ellos.

La policía no fue capaz de defender la manifestación anti racista en Linkoping en 1997, al igual que no fueron capaces de defender la manifestación en Karrtorp dieciséis años más tarde. La diferencia es que en Linkoping sólo unos pocos se atrevieron a defenderse, en Karrtorp eramos más de cien. ¡Estuvimos juntos y condujimos a los nazis fuera!

Sobre la violencia. Aquí es donde los argumentos sobre diferentes caras de la misma moneda vienen a jugar. Los narcisistas como los llamados periodistas Janne Josefsson y Jan Guillou derraman lágrimas de cocodrilo y hablan que debería ser imposible afirmar autodefensa cuando alguien ha recibido una puñalada por la espalda. Pero para entender la violencia tenemos que echar un vistazo a lo que realmente ocurrió :

Unos 30 nazis atacan una manifestación pacífica. Los nazis se habían armado con palos, botellas de vidrio y cuchillos. Al menos uno de los nazis asaltaron la manifestación pacífica con un cuchillo desenvainado en su mano. Varios cuchillos fueron encontrados más tarde en las cercanías de donde los nazis finalmente fue arrestados. Varios de los nazis que participaron en el ataque han sido previamente condenados por ataques violentos con personas apuñaladas, incluso asesinadas. En el momento del ataque sólo había seis policías presentes, todos los cuales han dicho que no tenían ninguna posibilidad de proteger la manifestación, fueron superados en número. El nazi que fue apuñalado estaba en la primera línea de atacantes, muy involucrado en la lucha con los manifestantes anti- racistas. Él fue apuñalado en la plaza Karrtorp, antes de que los refuerzos de la policía habían llegado. Todo esto ya está demostrado , todas estas cosas son hechos.

Puede parecer frío y despiadado apuñalar a alguien con un cuchillo. Pero tengan en cuenta la situación y lo que el movimiento nazi sueco ha demostrado capaz (varias puñaladas e incluso asesinatos durante los últimos años ) y que la propia policía ha dicho que no tenían medios para protegernos. Advierto el hecho de que al menos uno de los nazis, probablemente más de ellos, habían sacado cuchillos durante el ataque. Sume todo esto en conjuto y luego tal vez usted puede tener una idea de todas las cosas que estaban corriendo por mi mente en ese momento. Dicho esto quiero advertir que la violencia no debe nunca convertirse en un medio de sí mismo, que siempre debe ser analizada y otras formas de acción siempre debe ser considerada. En Karrtorp era una necesidad táctica de devolver el golpe.

Finalmente volver a darle las gracias a todos los que han mostrado su apoyo para mí y mi familia. Significa todo para mí. Y para todos los que continuen la lucha contra el racismo y el fascismo en sus escuelas, en sus lugares de trabajo, en el arte y la música o en las calles - ¡Os quiero!

Permanecer juntos y cuidar el uno del otro .
Guardianes de la fe/Joel
Un poco de google y basico inglés. Lo de negrita no tengo claro como traducirlo por sí alguien sabe más que yo.
Hay muchos problemas y pocas soluciones.
Muchas críticas, lo sé, y pocas son constructivas.
Kery James - Déséquilibre

Responder